Topics

SRN News FTP Link

Kevin Kidd

Hi all,

Is there a static FTP or HTTP link for automated download of SRN TOH news?

Regards,

Kevin C. Kidd, CSRE/AMD   -  WD4RAT
Lawrenceburg, TN
KK Broadcast Engineering   -   AM Ground Systems Company

Terry Cowan

On 07/29/20 07:26, Kevin Kidd wrote:
Hi all,

Is there a static FTP or HTTP link for automated download of SRN TOH news?

Regards,

Kevin C. Kidd, CSRE/AMD   -  WD4RAT
Lawrenceburg, TN
KK Broadcast Engineering   -   AM Ground Systems Company

Kevin Kidd

Thanks Terry,

I had found that link but the 4 minute newscast audio starts out with "Breaking News This Hour From Town Hall dot Com" instead of the way that the play link on the web site starts   "With SRN News I'm...."

The actual newscast appears to be the same but the preamble is different.

The 2 min bottom of the hr newscast starts with the "With SRN News I'm..." preamble.

My customer is trying to make contact with his SRN rep.

Thanks,

Kevin C. Kidd, CSRE/AMD   -  WD4RAT
Lawrenceburg, TN
KK Broadcast Engineering   -   AM Ground Systems Company

On Wed, Jul 29, 2020 at 9:32 AM Terry Cowan <tcowan@...> wrote:

try ftp.srnprograms.com

Terry

On 07/29/20 07:26, Kevin Kidd wrote:
Hi all,

Is there a static FTP or HTTP link for automated download of SRN TOH news?

Regards,

Kevin C. Kidd, CSRE/AMD   -  WD4RAT
Lawrenceburg, TN
KK Broadcast Engineering   -   AM Ground Systems Company

Terry Cowan

I think that is all there is...maybe someone from Salem will speak up

Terry

On 07/29/20 08:31, Kevin Kidd wrote:
[...]

Gullikson, Brian F

I thought there was a separate folder for the non-com 4-minute cast.

Thanks,

Brian

Brian Gullikson, CBRE

                      98.5 KTIS-FM | Faith 90.7 / 97.5 / AM 900 KTIS

                     Life 97.3 KDNW / 102.9 KRFG | Faith 90.5 KDNI

Chief Engineer                                     3003 Snelling Ave. North

KTIS, KDNW, KDNI                                       St. Paul, MN  55113

bfgullikson@...                        Phone:  (651) 631-5094

[...]

Barry Walters

Let me check with someone here, and I’ll post what I find..

Barry

SRN

[...]

This is a commercial station so it doesn't matter but the "Town Hall dot Com" preamble was throwing me off when the same newscast from SRN website had a different preamble.

On Wed, Jul 29, 2020 at 11:48 AM Gullikson, Brian F <bfgullikson@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks Barry,

The "Town Hall dot Com" preamble may be in lieu of an actual commercial but wanted to check to be sure since the preamble on the SRN website was different.

On Wed, Jul 29, 2020 at 11:49 AM Barry Walters <barry.walters@...> wrote:

[...]

Dale Miller

In Radio Spider this is the path:

ftp://ftp.moody.edu/Programs/SRN_News/headlines.mp3     is the 2 min news

Your Username    Password: honeyoaTs

ftp://ftp.moody.edu/Programs/SRN_News/SNN-NON-COMM.mp3    is the 4 minute news

--
In His Service,

Dale Miller
Production Engineer
Carolina Christian Radio, Inc
3305 Burnt Mill Drive Suite 400
Wilmington, NC 28403
910 763-2452 FAX 910 763-6578
www.carolinachristianradio.org

Terry Cowan

Kevin,

We have noticed in the past that even on the satellite feed sometimes the stinger is Town Hall instead of SRN

Terry